Loot Container Suggestions

A place to get to know each other. Think of this forum as a first date: No politics, no religion and no past relationships ;)
Noromical

Loot Container Suggestions

Post by Noromical »

As of late while trying to level new characters, I've noticed a common occurrence of much higher level characters running thru, killing everything, and taking all the static loot containers for themselves. Often leaving newer characters with nothing but what little they can get off corpses.
On one hand, I understand why. Gear is expensive, and they need money. However, this is making it significantly harder for newer characters to find or buy the gear they also need.
While I'm not looking to oversaturate the market with loot by suggesting instanced loot containers, perhaps there could be a means to encourage higher level characters to go for higher level loot. For example, increasing the frequency of loot spawns in those higher level areas, or making them more rewarding, compared to areas like the Slums. I figure if there was a greater reward for those areas, it would ultimately encourage higher lvl chars to go into those zones and save the lesser loot for those of us who are just trying to get started on our characters.
RoseFrost

Re: Loot Container Suggestions

Post by RoseFrost »

I think part of the difficulty is also the relative risk vs. reward of low level bosses for high characters. My character in the 20s can one-shot low level bosses for 150 xp at absolutely no risk for a decent chunk of xp. If these bosses happen to be conveniently situated, why not take this essentially free xp? I am thinking specifically here of the Dire Wolf boss in the Highcliff Castle area. If boss xp fell off more quickly for high level characters, they might be less inclined to snipe them.