Shadow Dancer

Bug Reporting & other issues
Ree

Shadow Dancer

Post by Ree »

Hello there!

I've been playing the ShadowDancer and there is a few things different then what I see on what's listed under the 'class changes' page :D
Shadow Dancer:
Requirements:
16 Dexterity
Level 3 1d6 sneak attack
Level 5: Hide in Plain Sight (Moved from level 1)
Level 6: Receives feat: +1d6 sneak attack
Level 9: Receives feat: +1d6 sneak attack
Shadow Evade: duration is round/lvl
Shadow Evade is now instantly activated and on a 2 minute cooldown.
Summon Shadow is now on a 5 minute cooldown.
Shadow Daze is now on a 2 minute cooldown.
The ShadowDancer in-game says it still requires Dodge and Mobility Feat in the game. I took both these feats to meet the prerequisites, shadow dancer seems quite a bit weaker then going the Assassin route which is pretty easy peazy, so hopefully those requirements get removed.

Shadow Evade is not configured correctly to be on a 2 minute cooldown. I am currently a level 4 shadow dancer and I have 3 charges of the ability. It has no cooldown. Once I use all my 3 charges it cannot be used again. It would be quite nice if this was an 'instantly activated ability' since its duration is so short. If I cast the ability and then run into battle, it basically expires right when the fight starts.

Those were the 2 issues that I have come across so far (i plan to go all the way to 10 with shadow dancer, but im having my doubts cause it seems .... not so good :lol: )

I'm not sure how the 'summon shadow' is supposed to be but I'm level 11 right now (4 levels of shadow dancer) and when i use the summon it has 19 hitpoints, and an AB of 1... so basically it useless.

Anyways! those were my thoughts on the class and what I had encountered.

Thank you!!!
K.Kragh
Server Leader

Re: Shadow Dancer

Post by K.Kragh »

Hi Ree

The requirements are only the changes to the basegame, so Dodge and Mobility is still required.

The class has been buffed quite a bit from basegame with the extra sneak attack, so makes it a lot more viable now than before compared to the assassin (which it needed to be so that neutral and good characters have some alternatives to get hips).

Depending on build, it is actually quite a bit stronger than the assassin (this one will allow you to make a fighter / weapon master / shadowdancer with Katana Furry that can get epic dodge, you could not do that with an assassin). So its all about how you put together your character.

The shadow evade is a bug, something must have fucked up as we changed it to cooldowns last weekend, we will give it a look.

Oh and the shadow is useless beyond belief. For now it will stay that way, it is only there for flavour. I have been considering adding in a feat that the shadow dancer can pick that will upgrade it into an actual useful shadow though, so might happen in the future, but it is not on our priority list for now :)

Thank you for the bug report!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
K.Kragh
Server Leader
Ree

Post by Ree »

Thank you very much for fixing the Shadow Evade! I noticed it today when I logged in and really appreciate it! I'm really enjoying using it in during combats :D
K.Kragh
Server Leader

Post by K.Kragh »

Me too, think it is such a cool feature that was so underdeveloped in the base game!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
K.Kragh
Server Leader